"A formal manipulator in mathematics often experiences the
discomforting feeling that his pencil surpasses him in intelligence."
Write down your equations with Math-o-mir, the mathematical notepad.
The idea behind Math-o-mir was: "why can't I use my PC as simple as I am using pencil when writing mathematical equations?"
The Download Section
NEW! - The new Math-o-mir 1.9 can now be downloaded from this page. To check out what's new, please read the blog.
You can download from several sources. Please select one that works for you:
Click the icon to download mathomir.zip file (777k, v1.9) and
- also available in German language (785k)
Click at the button if you want to download from the Download.com site.
Send me a mail request at:|
This is the slowest method, but gives you an opportunity to ask and comment.
- Windows 2k, XP, Vista, 7, 8...
Math-o-mir is a totally free software. You have no limitations.
What is Math-o-mir
The Math-o-mir is a software tool designed to write and edit mathematical equations as easily as possible. The goal was to
achieve the same level of simplicity as with pencil and a sheet of paper. It is designed to act as your personal math
notepad where you can write down your quick and informal calculations.
In Math-o-mir you can touch expressions and expression elements and then, by mouse click, copy them around your mathematical
document and insert them into other equations. You can also make simple hand-drawings to illustrate your equations...
- engineers use it instead of a scrap paper to quickly write down calculations and ideas
- students use it to write down lesson notes directly on their computers
- teachers use it to prepare and publish teaching materials or even exams, all in electronic form
- well-informed people use it as an easier and quicker way to generate equation images and insert them into text documents
Simple symbolic calculator is embedded to assist you with 'boring' stuff. This makes Math-o-mir a basic CAS tool.
- or edit math equations lazily with your mouse or efficintly using your keyboard
- or export your work as a raster image or LaTeX code
- or plot and analyze funcitons
- zoom, scroll, print, "and do the other things"...
If you are math teacher, you may consider using Math-o-mir in your classroom.
You can read additional info here.
You can download user's manual in PDF form:
You can also download the math-typing tutorial in PDF form:
There is also this page where I explain the two most important aspects when dealing with the Math-o-mir. In addition, I also created this
Math-o-mir blog where you can work with me on Math-o-mir development by providing useful comments.
The downloadable video clip shows how can you edit equations by mouse (.wmv 1.5M).
(Sorry, the quality is very low because my bandwidth is very limited).
There are few third-party videos, like this one.
Several short third-party reviews can be found below:
(more pictures here)
Please inform your friends about this software. Much appreciated.
If you write a blog, or can anyhow reach a wider audience, then you can help even more. Contact me on any question.
And finally, studens can engage this trivial Rapid Math-Typing Contest and claim their "price".
Danijel Gorupec, 2014.